- Won a full abatement of $1,500,000 payroll tax with refunds, wrongfully assessed against a former officer of the company, after the statute of limitations had expired to appeal the case.
- Won breach of contract case related to a project in Libya, and recovered a full award of $700,000, with attorney fees and costs for the client.
- Reorganized international structure for global packaging company.
- Represented client in negotiating long-term contracts for services and sales.
- Drafted global requirements contracts for multinational packaging company.
- Helped medical wholesaler design an international structure and implement an IC DISC.
- Implemented and supported foreign owned IC DISC for $6B global manufacturer.
- Implemented and supported foreign owned IC DISC for $8B global wire company.
- Streamlined, simplified and documented intercompany value chain for global learning institution.
- Won transfer pricing case on all 8 counts in Tanzania, whereby the matter in controversy is now the gold standard to be used by Tanzanian manufacturers who export.
- Won transfer pricing case, related to the sale of business, in Germany’s highest fiscal court (Bundesfinanzhof).
- Represented clients in Foreign Bank Account Reporting matters and handled many OVDP claims.
- Developed and supported position to generate $20m deduction for intercompany matters between US and Brazil.
- Represented client in whistleblower case related to a $30m claim under 7623(b).
We Are International Law and Tax Lawyers
At BILTgroup, we build a tax structure that works within the operational footprint of your company and is scalable to meet your growth opportunities. We collaborate with your business and finance personnel to strategically align the transfer pricing with the flow of product or services in your operational model. In addition, we ensure your structure is supportable and compliant with the US subpart F rules.
Our attorneys have experience guiding companies in over 120 countries as they grow, expand and restructure their organizations. In addition, our attorneys have served in leadership roles for multinational companies and global accounting firms.